By agreeing to this Rental Contract, I, the tenant, agree to indemnify, defend, protect and hold harmless condo owner/representative from any losses, claims, costs, damages, expenses, demands, judgment or the like, including attorney’s fees and other expenses of litigation reasonable incurred in connection with any claim, action, suite or proceeding to which Tenant may become involved by reason of leasing or renting. This indemnity shall include but shall not be limited to any and all losses or liability from any cause whatsoever incurred or claimed by Tenant or any person or entity for breach of contract or otherwise, expenses, loss of property by theft, or otherwise, injury to or damages to property, injury or death of any person except for the willful misconduct or gross negligence of Ocean Paradise or its employees. This indemnity shall survive by the expiration or earlier termination of this Agreement by any part hereto.
I also authorize Ocean Paradise to charge the credit card used for making the reservation for any excessive cleaning, loss or damage to the property being rented.
It is understood that I am responsible for ensuring the property is left in a reasonable condition of cleanliness and in the same condition of repair as when I take occupancy.
- Check-in/Check-out: Check in is 3:00 pm on the first day of stay and Check-out is 11:00 am of the Reservation day.Late departures may be permitted if there is not an arrival of a new guest to occupy your rental on the day of your departure. Please contact us to see if a late departure is possible. If we have not provided you with permission for a late departure and you continue to occupy the rental after the check out time you will be charged a $250.00 penalty. If your late departure results in the arriving guest canceling their reservation you will be charged for any losses sustained from the cancellation.
- Restrictions: All homes are non-smoking units. No Pets Allowed. A parent must accompany young singles under the age of 21.
- Deposit: If you are making a reservation more than 60 days prior to arrival then only a deposit of 50% must be provided to confirm your reservation. The balance is due 30 days prior to arrival. If you are making a reservation 60 or less days prior to arrival then the full amount is required.
- Cancellation Policy: 0-60 days notice = 100% Loss of entire rental amount. If we are able to rebook the rental we will refund you less any difference in the amount of the original and new booking. 60+ days notice = Deposit refunded less 15% of the Total Rental Amount Cancellation Fee, except when booking more than 1 Home the entire deposit is forfeited. Additionally, Thanksgiving/X-mas/New Year bookings are non-refundable.Refunds are not issued for No Shows/Early Checkouts.
- Included Fees: At the time of booking a Cleaning Fee of US$75 is included which covers the departure cleaning.
- Government Accommodations Tax: An additional 13% will be added to nightly rates for the Cayman Islands Government Accommodations Tax. After reservation any increase in this tax will be due and payable by guest and charged to their credit card.
- Departure: Please ensure that the rental is generally left as it was received. Although cleaning is included on departure this does not cover the rental being left excessively dirty or in a state of disarray. If the rental is left excessively dirty you will incur additional charges based the additional cleaning that is required. Please take out your garbage, place all the dishes in the dishwasher and run the cycle, turn off all lights, fans and A/C units.
- Furnishings: No towels, linens, glasses, flatware, or dinnerware are to be taken from the homes and off the Ocean Paradise complex. Your home will contain an inventory list which you can view when checking in. If you notice any missing items please bring them to our attention at this time.
- Telephone Calls: All local calls in the homes are free. Local calling cards can also be used for making international calls.
- Guest Limit: All rentals are based on a maximum of 8 occupants. In some cases we may allow additional occupancy however we reserve the right to refuse any request for additional occupancy if we feel it will be detrimental to the property. Additional guest fees will also be applied on top
of the cost of the rental.
- Insects: Flying and crawling insects, lizards, frogs, iguanas and other wildlife are part of the tropical life. While our homes are exterminated on a regular basis, you may see these creatures. If you do not have insect repellent, this is readily available at the island's supermarkets and various stores and pharmacies. No refunds will be issued due to the sightings and/or sounds of our island life.
- Maintenance/Utility Disruptions: Whilst we strive to make sure the home is in excellent condition, just like your own home, things do break from time to time. In the event of a breakdown or malfunction, we will make every effort to get it repaired or replaced as soon as possible. However, these things often take much longer in the islands, due to equipment availability and as such timely repair or replacement may be out of our control. No refunds will be entertained for mechanical failure of non-essential items such as, but not limited to, pool, dishwasher, washer/dryer/ tv, etc. In addition, no refunds will be allowed for utility outages or disruptions to cable /satellite TV or internet service.
- Safety: Whilst our islands are relatively safe, please ensure that you lock doors and windows at night and when you leave your home.
- Lost and Founds: Ocean Paradise is not responsible for any personal items that are lost, misplaced, stolen or forgotten at the home. If you feel you have left something behind, we'll make every effort to locate it and return it to you, at your expense.
- Substitution: We reserve the right to substitute equal or better accommodations if a specific rental home has been reserved or unavailable for any reason, including but not limited to sale or repair.
- Gatherings/Weddings: Ocean Paradise is a great place for weddings, receptions and parties. However, such functions require written permission from us and , if necessary, the payment of additional fees.
- Conservation: We ask all guests to consider conservation measures when practical during their stay. Please turn off lights, fans etc. and do not leave water running. Please report any leaky plumbing immediately.
- Septic: The homes are on a septic system which is very effective. However, if improper matter is flushed the system may well clog. Please do not flush anything other than toilet paper.
- Quiet Time: Guest are advised that noise travels easily and that it is important to be respectful of others at all times.
- Hurricane Policy: In the unlikely event that we should experience a hurricane this season, there are several things you should know.
(a) WE DO NOT ALLOW GUESTS TO REMAIN IN OUR HOMES DURING HURRICANES. If predictions indicate a hurricane is headed our way and we are notified by the Cayman Islands National Hurricane Committee that we may be in the path of an approaching hurricane, we will notify you and advise you to fly off the island, or, if this is not possible, to check into a storm shelter. Information on shelters, and emergency numbers have been posted in your home.
(b) Cancellations and Rescheduling: If the National Hurricane Committee has issued a Hurricane Watch, guests who are scheduled to travel within 36 hours or less before a hurricane strikes can postpone and reschedule with no penalities.
In the event of catastrophic damage from a hurricane all guest reservations will be cancelled and refunded less a 10% cancellation fee.
Rescheduling will be suspended until further notice.
In the event there is minimal or no damage to the Cayman Islands or Ocean Paradise guests may reschedule their reservations with no penalties.
Ocean Paradise will guarantee the original rate for rescheduling of reservations up to one year from the first day of reopening after the passing of a storm or hurricane. Ocean Paradise makes no guarantees for the availability of specific dates during this one year period.
Blackout periods apply.
Rate protection will only apply to the number of original nights and number of guests booked. Additional nights or guests will be booked at the current rate.
(c) Early Departure: If guests are on vacation at Ocean Paradise and wish to depart early due to the threat of a hurricane, a certificate for the number of unused nights will be issued.
(d) IMPORTANT: Once you make plans to leave the island, kindly make sure you call and speak with us before you depart so that we are able to report to the authorities.
(e) Whilst we will try and assist you with advice all guest must hurry to make their own airline and hotel reservations. In this emergency situation we will be busy supervising the shuttering and closing of all of our homes, office and preparing our own families and homes for the oncoming storm. We will appreciate your understanding and your full cooperation to help yourselves under these circumstances.
(f) We highly recommend that you purchase trip cancellation insurance to cover other cancelled expenses. Ocean Paradise is not responsible for airline changes, cost of alternative accommodations or accompanying cancellation fees.
If there is any way we can make your stay more enjoyable, or if you have any additional needs or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We hope you enjoy your vacation.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.